is an ARRL
Mid Florida DX Association
QSL Direct or via Bureau ONLY.
QSL's sent without a SASE or as a postcard will not be answered or acknowledged
No E-QSL accepted or sent.
VE Test schedule
MFDXA VE Testing Monthly on the second Saturday at 1000 hours local.
Bloomingdale Regional Library
1906 Bloomingdale Avenue
Valrico, Florida 33596-6204
MFDXA VE's recommend you continue studying until you take the exam(s). Several sources of study material are available on line. These are just a few.
Resources for the Disabled
Handicapped Exam prep system
Audio Technician and General Exam Question pool
Help is available for amateur radio license candidates with disabilities through the Handiham Organization. Please do your part to help disabled candidates obtain their licenses.
Courage Center Handiham System
3915 Golden Valley Road
Golden Valley, MN 55422
Toll-Free telephone: 1-866-HANDIHAM (1-866-426-3442)
FAX:(763) 520-0577 Be sure to put ?Handihams? in the FAX address
If you are planning on attending a Volunteer Examiner Testing Session please have the following with you.
1. Copy of Current U.S. License. You can print a reference copy from the FCC link.
A copying machine may not be available the day you are planning to take your examination. Be prepared and come with copies.
2. Copy of CSCE (Certificate for Successful Completion of Examination) issued less than 365 days before the exam date.
3. Exam fee is $15.00 for 2018, cash preferred.
4. Photo Identification
A. A legal photo ID (driver’s license, passport).
orB. When no photo ID is available, two forms of identification must be presented:
1. non-photo ID/driver's license (some states still have them)
2. birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
3. social security card
4. library card
5. utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
C. Students may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor's work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
5. Two (2) Pencils or pen
6. A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed. You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they're free of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session and the phones' calculator function may not be used. In addition, iPhones, iPads, Androids, smartphones, Blackberry devices and all similar electronic devices with a calculator capability, may NOT be used
7. You are required to provide either your FRN or Social Security Number on the 605 and Exam answer sheets. VEC’s are required by the FCC to submit either your SSN or your FRN number with your license application form. If you prefer not to give your SSN at the exam session, then you may register your SSN with the FCC before exam day. Once you have a FCC issued FRN, you may no longer use your SSN on the application. Visit the ARRL or FCC for additional information and instructions on how to register your SSN with the FCC and receive a FRN and FAQ's. As an option you may also file for a FRN number before taking your first Amateur Radio exam if you do not want to file on a public computer at the Library.
8. Arrive early.
Walk Ins permitted.
As a Courtesy to the Volunteer VE team members email the or call 318-1700 to pre-register for the exam session.
License Exams will be given for all classes.
Effective February 24, 2007 Morse Code is no longer required for an Amateur Radio license.
Morse Code links have been moved to here.
QSL card generator
System Licensing Guidance for FPV Flight. You need an Amateur Radio License to use many transmitters.